The Mother Blessing blend is a precious anointing oil developed specifically to honour the Mother. Can be used from 37 weeks.
In our culture, the focus is almost entirely on the baby during pregnancy and birth – we have baby showers, gender reveal parties and everyone fusses over the baby once it’s born. We’re trying to redirect some of that focus towards the incredible work done by the Mother, physiologically, emotionally and spiritually. She is growing a new human being from seed in her own body!
To support this, we created a blend of organic linden blossom, rose, lavender and geranium. These plants are associated with mothering, nurturing and unconditional love, and help you connect with the archetypal feminine energy. The organic ingredients and the intention of healthy, undisturbed birth that is an integral part of the production process make this a very potent oil with a high spiritual vibration.
Directions: Anoint the third eye, throat, heart and womb. Take a few drops in your hands and inhale deeply three times. During labour, roll onto pulse points or apply to hands or a damp cloth and inhale.
- As an anointing oil in a Mother Blessing ceremony for the expectant mother. Helps her connect with the Mother Goddess and all women who have given birth before.
- Rolling onto the mother’s thighs as the baby crowns so the first thing the baby smells is unconditional love and not hospital aromas
- Rolling onto a cloth for the mother to inhale during birth to draw in he support from the foremothers, goddesses and the plants themselves
- Rolling onto the mothers clothes and cloths kept near the baby after birth to help the baby feel secure and connected with the mother even when not in her arms
- Calling in the baby’s soul – particularly good if you want to become pregnant
- Mothering the Mother: as a gift to friends and colleagues in need of energetic support
- Sisterhood circles
- Mother’s Day gift to your own Mother who birthed you
- Self-love rituals for connecting with your higher self and calling in the support of the Divine Mother
More about the ingredients:
- Geranium is connected with the archetypal mother energy and is traditionally used by midwives for its antiseptic qualities. It has a nurturing quality that helps harmonise the female reproductive cycle and supports you during big transitions.
- Lavender is soothing and calming and has a strong association with the divine feminine. Represents compassion and loving kindness.
- Rose is closely associated with the Virgin Mary, Venus and Aphrodite. It helps you connect with a higher love, unconditional and radiant, something that many people experience for the first time when they have a child.
- Linden blossom comes from the archetypal mother tree in many cultures. A feminine, welcoming oil associated with Freya and Green Tara. Great for meditating and connecting with Goddess energy.
- The base oils are sunflower oil, unscented coconut and Vitamin E.