This is a precious body oil developed to keep the mother’s skin soft and supple during pregnancy, and to provide an oasis of tranquility during labour. Can be used from the second trimester.
We invite you to lay down and rest in Grandma’s Garden if you hit a plateau during labour – the plant essences help you let go of all effort and relax into a safe embrace. The breather these oils provide is often enough to kick-start a labour that’s stalled because it will boost your oxytocin production. The very fine oils in this blend nourish and protect your skin as it stretches around your growing baby.
To support this, we’ve developed a blend of organic neroli, mandarin, roman chamomile and lavender, with exquisite rosehip and camellia as base oils. Let the flowers that grow in your grandmas garden help you melt into the peace, tranquility and relaxation of being in a space where you know that you’ll be cared for.
Directions: Massage onto the hips, belly and thighs during pregnancy for smooth skin. Massage onto the body during birth, or place a few drops on a damp cloth to inhale.
- Use as a body oil during pregnancy to prevent stretch marks (works while they’re still pink)
- Invite your partner or children to massage the belly while talking to the baby to enhance bonding before birth. The plants used in the blend support communication.
- Massage onto the body or inhale from a cloth if you need a rest during birth
- Use for rest and regeneration, helps activate the parasympathetic nervous system after exhaustion.
- Use as body oil for smooth, fragrant skin at any time. Relieves itchy and dry skin.
More about the ingredients:
- Neroli is a lovely, gentle oil that is often used to support birth. Neroli is another name for orange blossom, and is a sunny and warm oil that smells of the Mediterranean. An oil of calm and peace.
- Lavender is an oil of compassion and healing.
- Mandarin supports communication. Mandarin is a citrus oil but less sharp than the others, and is one of few essential oils that can be used throughout pregnancy and on newborns. Helps you build bridges and communicate with your baby.
- Chamomile is anti-inflammatory, calming and is good for swollen legs.
- The base oils are organic sunflower, camellia and rosehip oil. Rosehip oil contains vitamins and fatty acids that prevent scars forming. Camellia oil stimulates collagen production which helps prevent stretchmarks.